What are you looking for?

16 February 2014

Review - Garnier's Charcoal Scrub

I think that I've finally sussed out my skin care routine (can I hear a woot), so heres the first installment of the products that I use. I am in love with the Garnier Pure Active Intensive Charcoal Scrub (bit of a mouthful).


I've had pretty spotty skin ever since puberty hit, and while my body settled down a couple of years ago, my skin continued to keep sprouting more blemishes. Now, to the standard person I don't think my skin looks bad at all, but I hate pimples, and am always trying to rid my face of them. I've never dealt with scarring or acne or anything like that, but I seem to have a consistent collection of little pimples at all times.

The scrub claims to reduce and prevent blackheads, pimples and marks, and it has done exactly that. Some of these products dry my skin out, and while I need to use moisturiser after getting out of the shower once using this, it doesn't cause flaky or irritated skin for me. I hardly get any pimples at all, and the redness in my skin has reduced significantly.


I use the product every morning, however if you have sensitive skin I would save it for every few days or once a week. I found that I went through a period where I wasn't at home that much and didn't take the scrub with me and my pimples started to pop up again.

It doesn't feel too rough on the skin and just leaves me feeling really refreshed. It has a distinctive smell which isn't pleasant or unpleasant, but it doesn't matter because its not a very strong one. I bought mine at the supermarket for around $10 (NZD), and it lasted me two/two and a half months - really good value for money.

What are your favorite pimple preventers? Do you have any tips or tricks? Let me know below.

Till next time, Alice x


No comments:

Post a Comment