What are you looking for?

12 February 2014

Review: Lush's Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb

Oh dear, another Lush post. I feel like this blog is quickly going to become centered around all things Lush, but then again, is that such a bad thing? I went a little Lush crazy today and bought way too many things, one of them being the Dragon's Egg bath bomb, $6.70 (NZD). Unable to wait, I had a bath once I got home, and used this little bomb in it.

Lush's Description: "Bath tub fireworks, fizz, froth, fruity fragrance - what more could you ask for?"


The reason I bought this particular bomb was because other people's rave reviews. Upon smelling it in the store I wasn't sold, but I bought it anyway, hoping the smell would improve once in a bath. It smells really citrusy, definitely more specific than just fruity. While I love citrus scents, it was more on the earthy side than the sweet side, and I really don't enjoy that kind of smell.

It cracked in two the second it hit the water to reveal it's orange centre, something that I wasn't expecting but was pretty thrilled about. It fizzed reasonably quickly, and the orange layer disintegrated to reveal a block of solid gold shimmer. This is by far my favorite thing about the bomb! It turned my water a beautiful orange, with waves of gold floating through it, almost identical to the Sunny Side bubble bar.


Something I wasn't so pleased with was the discs of rice paper circles that seemed to float around my bath. They didn't add any color, smell or general goodness to the bath, so I'm a little unsure of why they're included. They would be better if they were soap flakes or something along those lines.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this bath bomb again. I didn't like the smell, which is kind of a major factor, and the jelly rice paper circles weren't my favorite. I loved the golden shimmer waves, but I think that you can get exactly the same effect from the Sunny Side bar, with a better smell (in my opinion).

What do you think? Have you tried it? Can anyone tell me if there's a purpose to the rice paper discs? let me know below.

Till next time, Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment